Friday, November 27, 2009

Gathering the Puzzle Pieces

More about the process of gathering ideas, materials, technical knowledge and collaboration; I have completed my photography jaunts...taking the Canon SX120
with me on several dedicated "shoots" looking for the perfect "talk" for my short
"mini film and stills" - Then, uploading from the Canon into the Mac Book was much simpler than I anticipated..as I went along, I learned more about I Photo and how to
store previous pics as well as the newer ones within dedicated folders.


From time immemorial,man has also been fascinated with animals "talking" - therefore, I had to grab a little of Mr. Fox being shown on a wide screen television in the Best Buy Store - (I was on a TV talk show excursion -so you will hear the sound of Best Buy)- With all of this done, I set about opening I Movie - and importing all the files I decided upon. I spent several days exploring different transitions and video effects and as this was progressing, I realized that it wasn't enough - and that certain "live" segments would need to be intertwined as action against the background of images and sound track.

I am now working on a script- for myself, the solo performer, and my two collaborators from out of the country who are long time friends and artists of the spoken word, and architecture. They are from Buenos Aires Argentina, and now, we have decided to collaborate using Skype.

My next hurtle, then, is to "time" my little spoken parts and at what point, they will come in to speak theirs... and also how to end it. This is a very complex process indeed-as this must be accurate cues for the class members at the tech table .

No comments:

Post a Comment