Thursday, November 12, 2009

Class Project- View from the Bridges


Across the Ether and the work we, the class, did to help make it fly left me with an interesting impression: Once I had some working technical knowledge of "camera one", my body changed into a camera man's/woman's body ! -At one point I was crawling underneath seats pulling on cable and for a moment, I fit right in ! No one is just one thing -

One cannot grasp immediately the depth of information needed for all the mechanical and technical details one has to have to set up a project such as Across the Ether...it kept unfolding layer upon layer - yet, we worked together and shared information to make each of our jobs comprehensible.

Now, we are embarking on our own production and are confronted with using/choosing technical knowledge that will be needed for View from The Bridges (the title we decided upon). A Bridge is symbolic of bringing together two lands....

A thread is forming ; a creative idea for my contribution : My recording of an original song..entitled Blue Streak is about "talk" and the proliferation of it as society gobbles up wireless communication - and even now it's dated yet it's my creation and can be the sound track for mini movies of the many ways "talk" has a life of it's own.

* Today I planned to film some of the 59th Street Bridge,however, the weather and wind were slightly daunting - oh well.....

No comments:

Post a Comment