Sunday, September 20, 2009

Details DO Matter ...Creating the Movie

This is my second movie/video creation - Details are ever so important...but most of us are aware of this- however, I'll retrace my steps -starting with the music:

Since the very first scraps of "Let's Do Something Strange" came into being, they were always accompanied by images..and I thought,"Hmmmm" the song is finished now,all I need to do is edit it down and fade at the guitar solo. However, I began to experiment with sounds in Garage Band..and added Crickets, Birds,and Evening Jungle- they blended with the track in certain spots..wonderful. The next detail was to see where the Google Images would take me-) and learn the I Movie software simultaneously. That took almost an entire day- but I'm getting speedier )

I edited "Something Strange" and added the "nature " sounds and faded it in Garage Band - about 2min 44 seconds(approx) - imported it into I Movie. I had to learn how to get around the commands like; where were the transitions hiding? Would the video effects work with still shots.. experimenting seemed unavoidable. Searching for suitable images gave a bit of inspiration to the project. Enter search topics for "beautiful nature" ,moon,evening sky with birds, sunsets, mystical forests, holding hands,lovers under moonlight, Space age, exotic places for living,etc. I stopped to realize that all the things I was searching for had a deep root in me -they had all been positive imaginings..or real somewhere in my life. Hours of collecting and selecting - then placing them on the time line...It took half a day to figure out
how to play what I had "so far" without highlighting a section,and highlighting would cause the movie time line to stop...after any section which was highlighted..
details -details....

Adding the video effects and transitions(once I located them) was certainly the most fun of all -several mistakes in timing -and they had to be fixed...gently sliding the sound track to once again fit the action...several miss steps turned out to be "Keepers" -OH I love when that happens.

Post on You Tube was my "tour de force" I DID IT! - then,onwards to the Blog Spot Blog page..there,I faltered ...I have two Videos embedded!!-(to be continued )

No comments:

Post a Comment